Eskom says just one of the seven power generators that went offline yesterday has yet to be connected back to the grid - as the country endures stage three loadshedding. The power utility says it hopes to make substantial progress towards stabilising the grid by the end of this week. South Africans were left in the dark yesterday as Eskom introduced stage four loadshedding for the first time in more
than ten years. Economists warn that loadshedding poses a major risk to an already fragile economy. President Cyril Ramaphosa yesterday expressed anger at the loadshedding. His Public Enterprises Miniser, Pravin Gordhan, held lengthy meetings with Eskom's Board - which said it was addressing a number of issues including the poor performance on the new power plants - Kusile and Medupi.
This Service is in its final stages of development and will be launched soon.
We collect personal information from users, as described below.
You have several choices regarding use of information on our Services:
Last updated: 15 December 2018
How NARI Gather and Use Information
Effective Date: 15 December 2018
2. Information Collected
• User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
• Age and date of birth;
• Other demographic information, such as gender, job information, and postal code;
• Information for a public profile, such as your interests and the address of your web site;
• Communications preferences, such as which newsletters you would like to receive;
• Search queries;
• Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
• Correspondence you send to us; and
• Your browser type and operating system;
• Sites you visited before and after visiting a NARI Web Site;
• Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within NARI websites;
• Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
• Standard server log information.
• Name, postal address, and telephone number;
• Demographic data, such as age, gender, and income level;
• Your interests and purchase behavior;
• Publicly-observed data, such as activities on blogs, videos, and other online postings; and
• Other navigation data, such as websites visited and advertisements viewed or clicked on.
3. Use of Information
We generally use other information we collect about you to:
• Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards;
• Customize the content you see when you visit a NARI Web Site;
4. Disclosure of Information
5. Your Choices
7. Protection of Information
8. Third Party Sites
P.O. Box 13097
E-Mail NARI via this form.
Terms and Conditions of Use
You furthermore agree that:
(b.) you will commit to lawful conduct in the use of the services, including copyright and intellectual property rights.
(c.) you will undertake not to send or promote the sending of spam.
(d.) you give NARI the right to remove any content hosted which it considers illegal or for which it has received a take-down notice.
(e.) NARI has the right to suspend or terminate the service of any customer that does not comply with the terms and conditions, Acceptable Use Policy or any other contractual obligations.