OFM

2018-07-21 07:07:06 -


4 months ago

Case of Murder and 2 of Attempted Murder have been Withdrawn against Du Plooy...

Police spokesperson Amanda Funani said the charges of murder and two of attempted murder against Jaco Du Plooy were withdrawn on Wednesday.

"The police are now going to investigate further, which means that Du Plooy may be charged again later if the follow-up investigations yield results", Funani said.

The 15-year-old Spencer Tshukudu of Blydeville was shot dead at 10h00 on 10 October 2017 near Sukran in Lichtenburg during a violent service delivery protest.

Two other young men between the ages of 17 and 20 were also injured during the incident.

Du Plooy explained in an affidavit in October last year that he and his workers were attacked by a group of violent protesters on Boikhutso Road during the protests.

He believed that their lives were in danger. He claimed that the minor victim was part of the crowd after he took out his firearm and shot several shots to defend himself.

He was detained on the same day after handing him over to the police at about 22h00.