Monday, 25 June, 2018 *(12h00)* UPDATES_ Due to the number of incidents occurring simultaneously, we cannot guarantee up to the minute individual reporting.
*RSA-WIDE* June 25, 2018
- Eleven (11) Taxi Associations have given the Johannesburg Metro Police Department several (7) days to respond to their demands. Should their demands not be met, there will likely be a taxi strike and route blockages.
- National Transport Movement (NTM), in conjunction
with the Economic Freedom fighters (EFF), expected to attempt a total shutdown of Shoprite Checkers, U- Save, and Hungry Lions stores from June 27, 2018. This follows protracted strike action since May 23, 2018.
*GAUTENG* June 25, 2018
- MEYERTON_ (08H00) Unrest reported on the R59 between Johan Le Roux and Meyer Street. Initial reports indicate a truck was stoped and looted on the highway by up to 40 community members. Comment: This is becoming a common occurrence on this route, and is not related to service delivery protests. Comment ends.
- MIDRAND_ (07H00) Unrest reported IVO Olievenhoutbosch
- MAMELODI_ (07h00) Unrest reported along Tsamaya Street
- PRETORIA_ (06H00) Unrest in Silverton, along Simon Vermooten Road, IVO Ford Motor Company
- JOHANNESBURG_ (06H00) Taxi strike affecting Sandton, Midland, Woodmead, Modderfontein, Alaexandria
- PRETORIA_ (05H30) Metrorail services suspended from Mamelodi due to unrest.
- NELLMAPIUS_ (08h20) Unrest on Love Drive (05H00) Unrest reported on Solomon Mahlangu Drive (03H30) Unrest reported on the R104 Bronkhorstspruit Road,IVO Mokwa Street.
- JOHANNESBURG_ Taxi strike expected in Alexandria June 25, 2018. Roads in the area will likely be affected.
*EASTERN CAPE* June 25, 2018
- QUEENSTOWN_ (11H00) Unrest reported on the R67 towards Whittlesea, IVO Victoria Manor guest House (07h45) Unrest reported on the N6, IVO Ezibeleni.
*FREE STATE* June 25, 2018
- TWEELING_ (03H00) Farm attack reported on a farm in the area.
*MPUMALANGA* June 25, 2018
- SECUNDA_ (07H30) Unrest reported on the routes from Standerton, Evander, and Charl Cilliers. The 4-Way stop from Standerton, Emba, Evander, and Secunda affected.
- LYDENBURG_ (04h40) Unrest reported on the R577 towards Steelpoort, IVO Jaapsehoogte
- EMBALENHLE_ (05H00) Unrest reported on the Secunda Road IVO R546
*NORTHERN CAPE* June 25, 2018
- KIMBERLEY_ Rally being planned for June 24, 2018 at 15h00 at the Mandela Grounds circle IVO Vermeulen and Galeshewe Pick n Pay. Information indicates unrest may break out in the area towards June 29, 2018 over tariff hikes, joblessness, high electricity rates etc.
*NORTH WEST* June 25, 2018
- BRITS_ (05h00) Unrest reported on the R511, IVO Greens Filling Station.
- KOSTER_ (06h55) All routes reported open (05h20) R52 towards Rustenburg open and R509 towards Swartruggens open (05H00) Unrest IVO the R52 towards Rustenburg, the R509 towards Derby, and R509 towards Swartruggens has left the roads closed. The R52 towards Lichtenburg is currently still open.
- DERBY_ (00H12) Unrest on the R30 towards Rustenburg
- PHOKENG_ (05h00) Route towards Impala reported unusable due to sabotage by the local community. Trenches dug across the road surface.
*LIMPOPO* June 25, 2018
- Updating: No reports
*KWA ZULU-NATAL* June 25, 2018
- DURBAN_ (07h30) N2 Closed between the Bluff Exit and the Spaghetti junction (07h00) Unrest reported on Ridgeview Road IVO Cato Manor (06H00) Unrest reported in the Chesterville area.
*WESTERN CAPE* June 25, 2018
- BEUFORT WEST_ (09H00) Unrest reported IVO the N1 from Cape Town. Community members threw stones at a truck injuring the driver.
WILLSHIR & ASSOCIATES
*Join Us* for Updates or *Help Us Help You* with updates by sending a WhatsApp message to *+27-71-38-222-75* containing the *TIME & DATE* - *WHERE* it is happening - *WHAT* is Happening - *WHO* is involved and *YOUR NAME* for reference purposes.
*WE DO NOT SHARE YOUR IDENTITY, OR DETAILS*